100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Empire State Buildingat Empire State Building , sun, 3 dec 2023 - tue, 30 jan 2024
From £ 47
2. 9/11 Memorial & Museumat 9/11 Memorial & Museum, sun, 3 dec 2023 - wed, 29 may 2024
From £ 33
3. Statue of Liberty: Guided Boat Tour & Visit to the Islandsat , sun, 3 dec 2023 - wed, 29 may 2024
From £ 20
4. The Guggenheim: Skip the lineat , sun, 3 dec 2023 - mon, 26 feb 2024
From £ 30
5. Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off Toursat Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off Tours, sun, 3 dec 2023 - sat, 30 nov 2024
From £ 53
6. Brooklyn Bridge Bike Rentalsat , sun, 3 dec 2023 - wed, 29 may 2024
From £ 29
7. Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: Priority Entranceat Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: Skip the line, sun, 3 dec 2023 - sun, 31 dec 2023
From £ 32
8. Empire State Building Express entryat Empire State Building Express entry, sun, 3 dec 2023 - tue, 30 apr 2024
From £ 89
Rockefeller Center Tour
Visit the Rockefeller Center and get a live-guided tour led by an expert historian. On this tour you hear all about the history of the Center and the wonderful art and architecture as well as see the Center’s most significant buildings, gardens and spaces. Follow your live guide with your own personal headset and enjoy this uninterrupted tour through a closed circuit connection.
- Get a live-guided visit of Rockefeller Center
- Hear history of John D. Rockefeller Jr.’s unwavering vision for a cultural center
- Take your time to admire the beautiful art and architecture
- Learn the history of the controversial murals painted by Jose Maria Sert and Frank Brangwyn
- Experience a small group tour
What can I expect?
Despite what one might think, when touring the stunning Rockefeller Center, it was actually built during The Great Depression by John D. Rockefeller Jr. Although he had spent most of his life engaged in philanthropy, Rockefeller Jr. wanted to create something new and different, "a city within a city" and therefore, Rockefeller Center was built - and finished in May 1933. By the year of 1939, more than 125.000 guests were visiting the Rockefeller Center daily. Impressive, right?
The Rockefeller Center is built in the style of Art Deco – an art form that had its greatness from around 1910 to 1939. This is something you'll hear more about, when you explore the art and architecture of the Center. You learn the history of the exquisite, controversial murals painted by Jose Maria Sert and Frank Brangwyn and see beautiful sculptures and statues - such as the sculptures of Isamu Noguchi, Michio Ihara and Paul Manship's iconic Prometheus statue, which is in fact the most photographed sculpture in NYC. You also get to see the heroic statue of Atlas, just a few steps from St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue.
Meanwhile your guide tells you about the history of the Center, John D. Rockefeller Jr. and of course the stories behind the art pieces and architecture. Your guide also takes you through the different areas of the Center, including the stunning channel gardens.
How does it work?
Your ticket will be sent directly to your e-mail shortly after your booking is complete. Please print it out and bring it with you to the will-call desk located inside Top of the Rock’s main entrance on West 50th Street, near the corner of 6th Avenue.
Here you exchange it for a ticket for the next available tour time, or if you'd like, you can also choose another date and time that suits you best.
- Due to the subject matter and length of the tour, children under 12 years are not advised.
What’s not included?
- Access to Top of the Rock.
Book From £ 23
Print out voucher
Duration: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Entry-ticket to the Rockefeller Center.
- A guided tour.
- Headset so you can hear your guide at all times.
Rockefeller Center Tour
45 Rockefeller Plaza New York, NY 10111
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.